Just thought of sharing some interesting lines from Kai-Fu Lee’s Journey to AI book which I’m halfway through already. Too good I kept trying to hold one eye on my kindle and the other eye on my son while taking care of him yesterday.
- Imagine two worlds, one with you and one without you. What’s the difference between the two worlds? Maximize that difference. That’s the meaning of your life.
- To live a life is to simply go with the flow, but to lead a life is to actively shape one’s own destiny.
- Your time is limited, so don’t waste it living someone else’s life. Don’t be trapped by dogma which is living with the results of other people’s thinking. Don’t let the noise of others’ opinions drown out your own inner voice. And most important, have the courage to follow your heart and intuition. They somehow already know what you truly want to become. Everything else is secondary.
- Success is waking up in the morning, whoever you are, wherever you are, however old or young, and bouncing out of bed because there’s something out there you love to do, that you believe in, that you are good at – something that’s bigger than you are, and you can hardly wait to get at it again today.
- Learning knowledge is shallow; learning the ability to analyze and solve any problem is something to be treasured for a lifetime.
- In science, there is no absolute right or wrong and we are all equals. Those with passion can find the best solutions.
- As a leader, you must effectively execute what’s good for the company, and be a good judge on when to put aside your compassion and become a tough manager.
- It is not innovation alone that matters, but innovation that is useful.
These are essentially life lessons that is applicable to everyone. Hope you find it useful too!